After 18 months from my first dynamic form blog, we finally see a few standard objects covered by the dynamic form. As per the Winter '23 roadmap, we can enable Account (incl. person Account), Contact, and Opportunity with dynamic form.
Overall, the dynamic form functionality is still the same as per the initial release, where we can show/hide each field based on Record Field or Advanced, field with filters defined will have the eye orange icon next to it.
- Field: another field in the same object
- Operator: depends on the selected Field (1) type, e.g. Contains, Equal, Not Equal
- Value: also depends on the selected Field (1) type
- User, which is user info/detail
- Permissions, if the user has specific permission
- Record, this can be a value from a related field, such as Created By Profile Name
Samples of use cases to use the dynamic form
- To hide/show fields from a specific profile in the layout, even the profile has visibility on the field-level security
- To hide/show fields from users without permission, such as View and Edit Converted Leads
- To hide/show field when the user selects a value, such as, when user Type = Customer, show Customer No, otherwise, hide Customer No field