Do you realize when account owner is changed using Salesforce.com UI, the new owner will also gain ownership of:
- All Notes and open Activities for the Account (completed Activities will not be transferred)
- All Contacts tagged to the Account owned by old owner
- All open Opportunities tagged to the Account, including closed Opportunities if you select the Transfer closed opportunities, and Opportunities owned by other owner if you select Transfer open opportunities not owned by the existing account owner, see screenshot below:
Above scenario will also correct for mass transfer from Setup | Data Management | Mass Transfer Records | Transfer Accounts.
But, if you change Account owner through API, or API tool such as: Data Loader, only the Account Owner will be change, it will not change owner of Contact, Opportunity and other objects related.
- How do I change Account Ownership using the Data Loader?
- How to Change the Record owner using the Data Loader?
- Mass Transfer Records
Last Update: 17 May 2016