When you click a tab in Salesforce, you will see default columns / fields from records recently viewed. For most list views, your users can select which fields to display and how to order the view columns. However, they can’t edit the recent records quick list on object home pages. Only Salesforce admins can select and order the fields to display for the recent records view.
In Classic, to modify fields displayed in the Recently Viewed List on Object home pages, navigate to Setup | Customize | object name | Search Layouts, click the object name Tab, you can select fields would like to show in the Recently Viewed List. You can order columns by selecting one or more fields from Selected Fields and clicking Up or Down.
If you are familiar with the step in Classic, this is different in Lightning Experience. If you follow above steps, the Recently Viewed List on Object home pages will not change. So, follow this steps:
- From Setup, enter Object Manager in the Quick Find box, then select Object Manager.
- Click the label name of the object for the Recently Viewed list you want to modify.
- From the menu of links at the top of the page, click Search Layouts.
- In the far right of the Search Results column, click arrow icon and select Edit.
- To add columns to the Recently Viewed list, select one or more fields from Available Fields and click Add. To remove columns, select one or more fields from Selected Fields and click Remove.
- Order columns by selecting one or more fields from Selected Fields and clicking Up or Down.
- Click Save.
Reference: Select Fields to Display in the Recently Viewed List on Object Home Pages in Lightning Experience