Here fields you need to take care when create new quota: "OWNERID","CURRENCYISOCODE","QUOTA","STARTDATE"
- OWNERID, this refer to quota for particular user (sales rep) on specific quarter.
- CURRENCYISOCODE, the currency set for particular record (if you enable multi-currency in your org).
- QUOTA, the amount of quota set for particular record.
- STARTDATE, would be first date for corresponding quarter, example: 1/1/2013, 4/1/2013, 7/1/2013. But my instances, I am not sure why, I have to put start date 1 quarter after the correct quarter, example: for Q1 2013, I need to put as 1/4/2013, after it created, it will show as 1/1/2013 in query. Anyone has this issue? - This has been resolved, it caused by Time Zone setting in Data Loader, see this blog.
- CLOSED, this field is summary of won amount owned by a user in particular quarter, it is not updated-able.
To run report on quota, select "Customizable Forecasting: Forecast Summary" in report type, then it is similar with any other Salesforce on the configuration.