So here the needs:
- if 0 child found --> 1 row
- if 1 child found --> 1 row + child fields
- if >1 child found --> number of child row + child fields
Is there a way to achieve the following in Einstein Analytics dataflow?
In Salesforce, this is pretty easy using a report type:
But, Einstein Analytics is a different story. The granular level should come from an object. However, we always can find ways to get things done.
So here is the solution by Roman Michalik from Salesforce:
- It's starting at Child level and giving you one row per child.
- Then it's checking for additional parents and adding those parents to the list (with blank child fields).
Note: to use this dataflow, Parent ID must be unique.
Another option is to use Recipe with Left Join.