Campaigns can be organized into hierarchies for easy analysis and child Campaigns will be roll up into parent Campaign.
Here are few basic items you need to know about Campaign in Salesforce and relation to Lead:
1.Only user marked as Marketing User in user detail able to create Campaign, user also need to have Create permission in Campaign object.
2. Create new Campaign from Campaign tab or Create New panel (if Campaign tab exist).
3.Multiple ways to add member (Lead or Contact) to a Campaign:
- From "Manage Members" button in Campaign
- From Lead or Contact list view
- From Lead or Contact report
- From Lead or Contact related list "Campaign History"
4. For Lead or Contact added to campaign, open the Lead or Contact, scroll down to Campaign History will show the campaign added.
5. A campaign can be mixed with member from Lead and Contact.
6. Ideally, new campaign member added Add with Status "Sent".
7. To mass update Campaign member Status, go to "Manage Members - Edit Members", otherwise click Edit link in Campaign member to change status one by one.
8. When Lead converted:
- Campaign Member will change from Lead to Contact, total Contacts will add 1, but total Leads will stay.
- Primary Campaign Source field in Opportunity will be filled with latest campaign attached to the Lead
- Campaign Influence list in Opportunity will be filled will all Campaigns related to the Lead before it converted
- Converted Opportunity will be added into Opportunity related list in Campaign page, if the Campaign is the Primary Campaign Source
Here a screenshot Campaign with Hierarchy, notice the Total roll-up from child Campaigns.
- Convert Lead with Campaign Influence & Primary Campaign Source
- Num Total Opportunities in Campaign
- Opportunity in Campaign
- What happens when Lead is converted in Salesforce.com ?