User just need to click envelope with plus icon next to the record, for this sample I will use Account.
Once email added to Salesforce record, in Outlook:
- Added to Salesforce text show below email subject, even the email have been closed, open the email will show the message.
- Email added to record name in Salesforce for Outlook Side Panel
While, in Salesforce, a Task record created with fields populated:
- Subject = Email:[email subject]
- Comments = email body
- Type = Email
- Status = Completed
- Task Due Date = the email sent/received date (see red arrow in image above)
- Relate To / Name = depend on the record email added
- Created Date & Last Modified Date = when email added to Salesforce
When user open the Account, scroll down to Activity History, you should find the email added as a closed Task.