Here is the cause:
- One Lead can be added to multiple Campaigns
- But only the last Campaign associated with the Lead prior to the lead conversion will be brought into Primary Campaign Source in Opportunity
- When a Lead is converted, the Primary Campaign Source in Opportunity will be populated with the last Campaign associated with the Lead prior to the lead conversion
Report with report type = Opportunities
The last questions surface, how do we know which is the latest Campaign associated with a Lead or a Contact?
Easy... look at the Campaign History related list in the Lead or Contact page layout (make sure the Campaign History related list has been added) and look for Member First Associated.
For other related fields, a sample of order Lead/Contact added to Campaigns
- Add Jeryl Ma (lead) to 1st campaign
- Add Lia Lee (lead) added to 2nd campaign
- Add Lia Lee (lead) added to 1st campaign
- Add Jake Llorrac (contact) to 2nd campaign
- Add Tom James (lead) to 1st campaign
- Converting lead Lia Lee with creating a new opportunity will populate Primary Campaign Source in the Opportunity with "1st Campaign" because the "1st Campaign" is the last campaign for Lia Lee.
- Converting lead Lia Lee with creating a new contact will increase the number of Contacts in Campaign, but not reduce the number of Lead in Campaign.
Last update: 27-Mar-2023