In this blog, I would like to share more about Duplicate Management on Cross Object Duplicate Rules.
Example: Email should be unique across Contact and Lead. While within the Contact and Lead itself, there are also other parameters that consider as duplicate in both Lead or Contact.
Lead duplicate matching rule:
- First Name + Last Name + Company
Contact duplicate matching rule:
- First Name + Last Name + Account
1. Two matching rules in both Contact and in Lead
Contact: to match First Name + Last Name + Company OR Email
Lead: to match First Name + Last Name + Account OR Email
Contact: to match Email only for Lead cross object check
Lead: to match Email only for Contact cross object check
2. One duplicate rule in both Contact and in Lead
Contact duplicate rule, only can add one matching from each object
Lead duplicate rule
When edit record, Duplicate Rule will kick-in only when you update field related to fields defined in Matching Rule.
In this sample I select Fuzzy for the matching rule for First Name and Last Name, for example: Bob and Robert is considered as duplicate. But since we configure with "Allow" on create or edit, it will allow user to Save (Ignore Alert), but we can report on this with custom report type.
- SimplySfdc: Duplicate Management
- Duplicate Management (Generally Available)
- Searching for duplicates across all objects
- Create Custom Report Types for Duplicate Record Reports