Email is a very basic thing in our daily work, we can send emails from Google or Outlook, then manually log the email to a record Salesforce for future reference.
Email logged to Salesforce will appear as under the activities component. If we logged it against Contact, it will appear in the Account too, this is because of the special parent-child relationship between Account and Contact.
Salesforce also offers the capability to send emails directly from the platform, and the emails sent will be automatically logged to the Contact or Lead.
Salesforce offers the below features when sending an email:
- Rich-text format
- Add image
- Add link
- Attach file
- Merge fields from Salesforce
- Use email template
- Preview email
- Popout to dock view
- Add signature (from user Settings >> Email >> My Email Settings), check out this and this article to add an image and link to your email signature
With the additional Inbox license, you will get additional features:
- Email Tracking and Links Tracking
- Quick Text
- Send Later
One thing to note when sending from Salesforce using standard configuration, if the recipient uses Gmail, they will see the email is sent via Salesforce.
To understand how email is stored in Salesforce, check out this blog EmailMessage object.
Note: this blog is written without Inbox and EAC configured.
- Learn how to add a link to your email signature
- Add an image to an email signature in Salesforce
- Salesforce: EmailMessage object
When somebody responds to the emails sent out via salesforce, will those emails be auto-logged into Salesforce record? If yes, how?ReplyDelete
if that is for case, google for email to case.Delete