Almost 5 years ago, I wrote about Subscribe report in Classic and Lightning, but now in 2022, everyone has migrated to Classic (or at least 90%).
Here are a few items related to Subscribe report:
1. As of Spring 22, the max report to subscribe is 7
Check out this idea exchange, but if someone adds you as a recipient for a report subscription, it does not count for the limit.
2. Add other users to receive the report
The report must be not stored in the Private Reports folder, and the recipient must have access to the report folder.
3. Find all reports that you subscribed to
All reports that you subscribed to will have a checkmark in the Subscribed column (Pro tip: you can sort by this column too). But, if you are added by someone, there will be no checkmark on that column.
If there are many people added as recipients, the report will run as a user, whether the one subscribes to the report or a recipient. But what does this mean?
- Everyone will receive the same report result
- No matter each user's access to the report, it will be based on the visibility of the user set as the run report
- If the report is filtered with date, the data will be based on the time zone of the running user set in SFDC, e.g. created date = 1-Jan-2022 and running user timezone is Singapore, the user sees 200 records when running the report, the same number of records will be delivered in email for all users, but other users where timezone set to EST run the same report, that user may see 201 or 199 records, this is because based on that user timezone. SOQL sample: SELECT Id, Name, CreatedDate FROM Opportunity WHERE CreatedDate >= 2022-04-12T00:00:00+08:00 AND CreatedDate < 2022-04-13T00:00:00+08:00 ORDER BY CreatedDate