Dreamforce 21 announced that Flow is the future of Salesforce, it will replace Workflow and Process Builder and is also friendly for admin without coding background. The flow itself is not something new but it has been added with many features recently, at least can do all workflow and process builder can do.
Here is the business use case: ABC Inc. would like to have a simple "quick create" form that allows users to easily give feedback or idea to enhance the system, from anywhere in Salesforce Lightning, does anyone still in Classic ⚡
Solution: Screen Flow
1. Create a custom object to capture the data
- Create all the fields needed
- Add a custom tab if needed
- Enable the object for reporting, allow activities, track field changes, and allow search
- Set the object permission by profiles, and fields level security
2. Create screen flow
** You can add a fault path, in case the system is unable to save the record, such as because of validation rules or etc.
3. Add Flow to Utility Bar
- The flow must be activated
- Only Screen Flow will be available
- Users must have "Flow User" enabled in the user detail, otherwise, the user will not see the flow in the utility item