More than a year ago, we wrote about Salesforce Inbox, and things have changed since the blog was written, mainly on the license, permissions set, and permissions. Here is the update:
In Summer '22 release, it was announced that Sales Cloud Unlimited and Performance Editions Now Include Inbox Without an Add-On License. If you are not using Unlimited and Performance Editions, you can still buy additional Inbox licenses separately (which also include the full Einstein Activity Capture license), check this.
The new standard permission set is called Inbox Included, which contains Use Inbox permission, or as admin, you can create a custom permission set and select license = Inbox.
Or, you also can use the standard permission set Sales Cloud Included Bundle, which includes all permissions for Sales Cloud Unlimited. If you also purchased Sales Cloud Einstein and use the Sales Cloud Einstein permission set, Use Inbox permission is included in that permission set, so no need to assign many duplicates and unnecessary permission sets, always look for simplicity and clarity.
So again, what is Inbox? It is a productivity tool to work with Salesforce from your email client.
- Contextual CRM — see relevant CRM records in your email client.
- Easily create Lead/Contact if the sender or recipients are not in Salesforce.
- Create — allow users to create new records based on Global Actions configured in Lightning.
- Search — stay in Outlook/Gmail to search and access Salesforce records.
- Include: view detail and related tab, edit records, log email, open in Salesforce, and perform Chatter actions.
- Managed Task — create and manage Salesforce’s Tasks from Outlook.
- Log Emails — including incoming and outgoing emails.
- Insert Availability — let your recipient select a time slot for a meeting based on your calendar.
- Email Templates & Text Shortcuts — reuse and standardize email templates for teams and personalize text shortcuts.
- Track Outgoing Emails and Links — get insight when the recipient read and clicks links in the email sent.
- Send Later — ensure that people receive your email when they are most likely to act upon it, this is also available when sending email from Salesforce.com
- Mobile apps — manage customer communications to include Salesforce CRM records from mobile.
- Salesforce Inbox
- Sales Cloud Unlimited and Performance Editions Now Include Inbox Without an Add-On License
- Get more out of email with Inbox