To add Products to Opportunity, scroll down to the Opportunity Lines related list in Opportunity page layout. At the same area, user able to choose a Price Book:
- Product availability and List Price is based on Price Book selected
- Only 1 price book for each Opportunity, changing Price Book in an Opportunity will delete all existing Opportunity Lines
- If you have multi-currencies enabled, available products will be based on Opportunity currency and Products added to the Price Book for that currency.
1. Opportunity Line Selection
When user click Add Opportunity Line button, a special page 'Opportunity Line Selection' showing available products related to the selected Price Book and Opportunity currency, where user also can search by keyword to limit products shown.
We cannot configure search functionality at upper part of this screen, but we can configure columns show for the Products at lower part.
Navigate to Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunity Products | Search Layouts. There will be only 1 layout here, changes made to it will affect all product search layouts. However, Product Name cannot be removed and must be the first field in the layout.
2. Add Opportunity Line
User click checkboxes next to the product in screenshot above to select the product, then click Select button, system will bring you to 'Add Opportunity Line' page. All selected products in previous screen will be shown here, where user need to enter additional information for each product line. We can customize columns and make it as mandatory fields.
To customize columns shown in Add Opportunity Line, navigate to Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunity Products | Page Layouts | Edit Multi-Line Layout. Fields available in Edit Multi-Line Layout is based on field added into Opportunity Product Page Layout, this mean you will not see the field in Multi-Line layout if that field is not added into Opportunity Product Page Layout. The same for mandatory fields, if the field is set as mandatory in Opportunity Product Page Layout, it will be mandatory as well in Edit Multi-Line Layout.
The same layout will be used when user click Edit All button in Opportunity Lines related list.
As admin, you can lock the Sales Price to read-only for users, so Sales Price will always the same with List Price defined in the Price Book, but users still can give Discount (if the field added to the layout). To configure this, navigate to user Profile and disable Edit Opportunity Product Sales Price permission in General User Permissions section.
- How can I make Sales Price or Quantity 'optional' on an Opportunity line item?
- How do I Allow my Users to Edit the Opportunity Product Sales Price?
- Editing Multi-Line Layouts for Opportunity Products