|Lead Field||Maps to|
|Address||Account: Billing Address|
Contact: Mailing Address
|Annual Revenue||Account: Annual Revenue|
|Campaign||Opportunity: Primary Campaign Source|
If the lead has multiple associated campaigns, the most recently associated campaign is inserted into the opportunity regardless of whether the user has sharing access to it.
|Company||Account: Account Name|
Opportunity: Account Name
Opportunity: Opportunity Name
|Company Name (Local)||Account: Account Name (Local)|
|Do Not Call||Contact: Do Not Call|
|Email Opt Out||Contact: Email Opt Out|
This field is not updated for leads converted to existing contacts.
|Fax Opt Out||Contact: Fax Opt Out|
|First Name||Contact: First Name|
|First Name (Local)||Contact: First Name (Local)|
|Last Name||Contact: Last Name|
|Last Name (Local)||Contact: Last Name (Local)|
|Lead Owner||Account: Owner|
|Lead Source||Account: Lead Source|
Contact: Lead Source
Opportunity: Lead Source
Person Account: Lead Source
|No. of Employees||Account: Employees|
|Partner Account||Opportunity: Partner Account|
This field is not updated for leads converted to existing opportunities.
If you are not using custom fiscal years, the Close Date of the opportunity created is automatically set to the last day of the current fiscal quarter.
If you are using custom fiscal years, the Close Date is the last day of the current fiscal period. If you are using custom fiscal years and a fiscal year has not been defined for the current date, the Close Date is the end of the current calendar quarter.
Custom lead fields only can be converted into custom account, contact, and opportunity fields as specified by the system administrator (not map to the standard field). To specify the mapping for custom lead fields:
- From Setup, click Customize | Leads | Fields | Map Lead Fields.
- For each custom lead field, choose a custom account, contact, or opportunity field into which you want the information inserted when you convert a lead.
- Click Save.
- You can only map Number to Number, Currency to Currency, and Percent to Percent field with the exact same field length and same decimal point.
- The lookup field only can be mapped to other lookup fields with the same lookup object.
- You can map from Text and Text Area to Picklist, even the text value does not exist in picklist value.
- You can map from Picklist to Text, Text Area, and Long Text Area, but if the picklist value is longer than the length of the text field, it will throw system error upon conversion process - System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: STRING_TOO_LONG
- You can map from Auto Number, Text and Text Area to Text, Text Area, and Long Text Area field.
- You can map from a Formula field in lead, it treats as a normal field depends on the formula return type.
- You cannot map a Formula field into account, contact, and opportunity.
- Standard lead picklist fields that are blank are mapped to the default picklist values for the account, contact, and opportunity (remember to check default value if you are using Record Type for the target object).