One day, a user come to me, "Why I do not see some of my activities in the report, although they are visible in the page layout related list from an object" ?
This is because Salesforce archive activities (tasks and events) that are over a year old, for activity with criteria:
- Events with an ActivityDateTime or ActivityDate value greater than or equal to 365 days old
- Tasks with an IsClosed value of true and an ActivityDate value greater than or equal to 365 days old
- Tasks with an IsClosed value of true, a blank ActivityDate field, and created date is greater than or equal to 365 days ago
If you are using Data Loader, you need to select Export All instead of Export, and if using other API tool, make sure it call queryAll() instead of query() function.
You also can filter on the isArchived field to find only the archived records. You can update or delete archived records, though you cannot update the isArchived field. If you use the API to insert activities that meet the criteria listed below, the activities will be archived during the next run of the archival background process.
- About Archived Activities
- Archived Activities
- Increasing Archive Days for your Organization
- Why is my report not displaying all Activities (Tasks and Events)? (Archived)