Issue: Add button is not visible in the Opportunity Team related list for a user.
Finding: The Marketing user able to read Opportunity based on a sharing rule configured in Opportunity or Manual Sharing. But the user Role hierarchy is not above Sales who owned Opportunity.
Based on Salesforce documentation Adding Members to an Opportunity Team, the user needs to have permission:
- Read access on users and opportunities
- Owner of the Opportunity record, or above owner in your organization's role hierarchy
Sales or Sales Manager or Sales Ops to add Marketing user to Opportunity Team, there is no way to make Add button visible in Opportunity Team for Marketing to add themselves because they are not above Opportunity owner in the role hierarchy.
Few facts about the Account Team:
- To add users to Account Team, the user needs to have "Read/Write" access to the Account. A user with Read-Only access will see Add button, but will not able to add users into the Account Team.
- Adding Opportunity access in Account Team will NOT add the user to Opportunity Team.
- Users with "Read/Write" access on the Account, but not above Account Owner in the role hierarchy, will be able to add users to Account Team, but NOT to edit and delete users from Account Team (just add). Those users can't select the level of access for the new team member, see screenshot below
- If the user role hierarchy is above the Account owner, users able to add, edit and delete the Account Team. When they add/edit users, they will see options of access level.
for point (3) Lightning
for point (3) Classic
for point (4) Lightning
for point (4) Classic
Few facts about the Opportunity Team:
- Add button in Opportunity Team will only visible for the Opportunity Owner or user above Opportunity Owner in the role hierarchy, including users with Modify All opportunity permission, but not for the user with Read/Write access to Opportunity.
- Adding users to Opportunity Split will automatically add the users to Opportunity Team members.
Last update: 2 Jul 2017
Reference: Add Account Team Members