We have discussed Account Team and Opportunity Team quite a lot in this blog simplysfdc.com, here is the summary:
- Account Team Report: multiple report results by selecting different options in Show Me using Account with Account Teams report type, also the difference with Account report type.
- Add button in Opportunity Team & Account Team, why the Add button does not appear in the Opportunity Team related list, also a few facts about Account Team and Opportunity Team.
- Account Team Member and Account Share, the structure behind Account Team Member and Account Share object.
- My Account Teams List View, using Account Teams in List View.
- Opportunity Team Report, similar to Account Team Report, but this one is for Opportunity, also in this blog.
- Email Alert Recipients, using Account Team and Opportunity Team as recipients in the Email Alert.
So what is Account Team in short? Account Team defines additional users that are involved in an Account, in addition to the Account Owner. The additional users added as the Account Team can have extra access permission or without extra permission on the related Account, Contact, Opportunity, and Case.
In this blog, we will discuss using Default Account Team, the keyword here is Default. One user can only have one default account team (and one default opportunity team). The default account team is defined at the user detail, which should be the Account Owner. This setting can be performed by the Account owner or users above the owner in the role hierarchy and having Read access on the account object.
Automatically add my default account team to accounts that I create or accounts that are transferred to me
Default Account Team can be set up to be automated, which means when the user owns an Account or Opportunity, the default team will be added automatically. To automate this, make sure "Automatically add my default account team to accounts that I create or accounts that are transferred to me" is selected. This setting applies to ALL users added as Account Team.
Similar to Account Team, you need to set access of Contact, Opportunity, Case access, and Team Role when adding each user into for Default Account Team.
Default Account Team
If the checkbox "Automatically add..." is not selected, the Account Team will only be added when the user clicks the "Add Default Team" button from the Account Team related list.
Manually add Account Team
Update account teams with these members
To add the new members added to the default team for all existing accounts owned by the user, select Update account teams with these members when adding the users. You also can add an existing user who has been added as Account Team by edit the user in the Account team and select Update the account teams of my existing accounts.
Automatically add my default account team to accounts that I create or accounts that are transferred to me -- apply to all users for an account owner.
Update account teams with these members -- apply only to selected users in the account team, this will only add users to the Account team.
However, a user can be added to the Account Team only once, even with a different Team Role, so adding the same user to the Account Team will overwrite the existing user in the Account Team. The overwritten behavior applies to manually add the default Account Team from the "Add Default Team" button.